MEMBERSHIP & VOCATIONAL
The following Committees are under the direction of Doug Arnold
- Promote the agriculture industry as an area of service in our community and Tulare County.
- Recommend agriculture oriented programs to program committee.
- Support agriculture related programs at local high schools and colleges.
|COGS - Commencement of great service
- Composed of club members with 3 years or less of membership.
- Provide opportunity for new members to:
- Get to know members
- Become familiar with purpose and roles of all club committees and club leadership
- Assist with weekly meetings
- Assist with COGS annual signature event
- Assist with other club committees and duties
- Work on development of COGS.
- Make-up opportunities offered at various times and places designed to foster fellowship and knowledge of Rotary.
- Events are informal and family members are welcomed.
Membership Development & Retention
- Utilize a "team approach" to identify, contact and propose potential new club members.
- Club goal to increase membership by at least 10 members per year for next 5 years.
- Involve all club members in identifying individuals interested in service, fellowship, and Rotary ideals.
- Encourage membership retention by utilizing member sponsors and club committee activity.
- Coordinate with President and Secretary the "Red Badge" process and its successful completion.
- Meet with proposed new members and their sponsors to discuss the Rotary Club of Visalia and Rotary International including history, service, club meetings, and obligations of membership.
- Committee is composed of club Past Presidents, club Secretary. Rotary Information meeting must be completed before proposed member can be circularized to the general membership.